Friday, January 27, 2012

LIM vs MIM DIY liquid soap

There are two kinds of people in the world
LIMS 
(less is more)
and 
MIMS
 (more is more) 

LIMS 
(poor deluded souls they
 skimp by with one pat of butter on their toast.
You often hear them saying (terrible) things like
"No, I think I'll skip the whip cream on top"
and 
(worse still
"Skim milk please".


 MIMS 
(happy souls are we)
realize that we are going to be dead 
a LONG time
and that one can never 
TRULY 
be too rich 
(as in flavor)
or have too much volume 
in ones hair.

I have friends, LIMS, 
who I am certain are good people.
They make life sooo much easier for me
since when we shop/eat together 
(due to their restraint)
there is 
always
more for me.

Rarely do MIMS and LIMS agree
but here
today
they can!
Can't you just feel the 
spirit of brotherly love filling the room?

"How?"
you ask
So glad you did.
Observe:

2 bars soap - 8 oz total
(4 bars for $3 at the health food store)
grated


added to one gallon of boiling water
plus 
2 TBSP liquid glycerin (drug store or grocery store)

Stir together into a soapy soupy mixture.
Let it sit about 10 hours.
It will look goopy and slimy
 so stir, stir, stir.
I used my immersion handheld blender 
to mooch it up.

I also added in 20 drops of 
peppermint oil,
after it had cooled,
for a clean yummy smell.

Pour into your gallon jug 

Fill the liquid dispensers in your house 
and do the happy dance every time you wash
 Mr. Nasty Germ and his buddies off your hands.



HAPPY HAPPY DAY
the MIMS are happy
more soap is better right?

The LIMS are happy
less hard earned dollars
 spent on liquid soap
is better right?

TADA!  
You have just saved yourself a 
whollop of moola.  
More is more people rejoice.
Less is more people rejoice!

MIMS and LIMS 
for 
once
agree.
I might even get some kind of peace prize for this.
Next up,
world peace.


********



Give credit where credit is due:
I learned this handy dandy little diddy of a recipe
she has lovely photos of the whole process.

No comments: