Sunday, November 27, 2011

Doodle Bug Boots


I have been drooling over cowboy boots lately.  
Not the stomp-in-the-pasture-through-the-muck cowboy boots, 
no thank you, 
I am drooling over the girly-girl kind.  

Like these




Ahhhh, yes.
These lovely Lucchese boots (zappos.com) can be mine for the bargain price of $499.
No, I did not forget to put the decimal point in the right place.  
Four. Hundred. And. Ninety. Nine. 
DOLLARS.

I guess they were made from the hide of a sacred cow
tanned with the gums of identical twin toothless infants
and stitched with threads made from 
albino unicorn hide.
Why else the price?




Yes indeedie, 
these Old Gringo babies can be purchased for for a mere $514.50
You just gotta love that they added in that 50 cents on the end.  
Every penny counts right?

I've been scouring the thrift stores and Goodwill
hoping that some cowgirl wanna-be purchased a pair
to impress some guy
then lost interest
and is shucking the boots 
along with Mr. Uh-uhhh.

So far, 
no such shucking 
going on 'round here.

I did, however, find these.

$3 at the thrift store.
What a deal.


Remembering my 
I grabbed my trusty-rusty black sharpie marker 
and set to work.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that 
all that doodling
won't pay off.
It just might.


 I thought it needed a liiiiiittle bit more.
After all,
more is better.
Always.


And a few whiles later
taaa-daaaaaa



So if you have been a'hankering 
(that is red-neck for smitten with desire)
Grab your little self a sharpie
and get to work.

OR....
if you have some lovely, unwanted cowboy boots
give me a holler and I'll
take those puppies off your hands.

Mr. Uh-uhhhh
you'll have to shuck yourself.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me SMILE!! :)

Sarahsworld said...

You. Are. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I saw these in person and they looked fabulous! Great Job!

Cindy said...

Those are gorgeous!!! You are quite the artist with a sharpie.
Sorry, no cow-girl boots here. I'm a city slicker clear through.
Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

You're so talented. My boots would never have come out looking like this - I wouldn't even consider trying this 'cause I would mess them up and would have to throw the boots away. :)

Charlotte said...

What a clever idea!

Charlotte said...

What a clever idea!

Michele Dulude said...

ahahaha,I love it! Also read your post this morning at likeabubblingbrook.com. You do us East Texan girls proud!
I, too, have been drooling over Lucchase (pronounced Lu-kay-see) boots for years! I am still hankering for the real thing. I don't think I'd be as good with the markers and have not only NOT a pair of Lucchase boots, but a pair of thrift store boots only good to wear to the barn. lol. :) You did great! KOKO-- Keep on keeping on.

Amanda said...

I love love love your silliness and creativity!!!

Unknown said...

U GO GIRL!
Love the talent the Lord has bless you with. Thanks for the idea!