Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mama Rachel's Fat & Sassy Velvety Vanilla Liquid Love Hot Chocolate Mix


Mama Rachel's 
Fat & Sassy Velvety Vanilla 
Hot Chocolate Mix
aka
Liquid Love


WARNING ~ you may get fat just reading this recipe.


If you stumbled here looking for a healthy, 
slim, or otherwise lite version, 
you are in the WRONG place.

There are things that you should/can skimp calories on.  
Hot chocolate is not one of them.  
Living where it is bone freezing cold many days of the year, 
hot chocolate, 
 is one of our winter necessities.


My version of an old favorite recipe
(or Liquid Love as I like to call it)
is guaranteed to slap a smile on the most
winter weary of faces,
warm up the most frozen of fingers
and ease cranky children into bed 
with a gentle nudge.


I'm not one for doing things fifty-million times, 
so big batches are better, 
for me.
I have experimented with this recipe, 
and YES I do realize it calls for 
waaaaay more goodies
than it absolutely has to have
but then again, 
when it comes to cream, flavor and all around yumminess,
more
 is
 better.

Ok, so enough of my yammering.  
Here is the how-to.
~~~~

A Jar


Mason Jars, Spaghetti Sauce jars, 
Miracle whip jars,
any 'ol jar/container with a lid will do.

If you decide to share
simply 
wrap your jar with a ribbon
and spread the love.

Warning, this is as addictive as liquid crack
and sharing is SURE to have someone 
knocking on your door in the middle of the night
wanting more.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

~~~~~


The Goodies

Dry milk (25 oz)
1.5 cups powdered sugar
1.5 cups Vanilla powdered coffee creamer
2 cups powdered coffee creamer (unflavored)
2 boxes chocolate pudding mix
1 box vanilla pudding mix
1.5 cups coco powder 
~~~~~

The Mess


It is going to be messy.
You WILL have powdered sugar and coco
in your nose.


Sift your sugar and coco.
Otherwise there will be lumps




OR





pour it all together and then run it 
2 cups at a time through the 
blender. 



It should look like this when it is properly
unlumped.


~~~~~~

Nestle in a spoon and
VIOLA
you are ready for some
Liquid Love


To Make

We warm our milk (whole please) in the microwave 
until piping hot
add a generous, 
piled up as high as you can get it, 
running over
honking big scoop full.

Stir.

Sip.

Moan with delight.

Repeat tomorrow.
Add in's
*
I add a pinch of cayenne pepper to mine
it warms you right up
inside and out.
*
At Thanksgiving I add in a tablespoon of 
pureed pumpkin per cup and a dash of McCormick pumpkin pie seasoning.
*
At Christmas time I add a teaspoon of crushed up peppermints per cup.
*
Honey Pie likes his w a spoon of Vanilla.
*
Lincoln Log likes his with floating clouds,
you may know them as
marshmallows. 
*
On special days
we make it 
(I can't even type this with a straight face) 
with 
half & half.
And when reeeeeally skinny people
come over
they get  
theirs made with
heavy 
cream.



~~~~
Last but not least
here is a snapshot of 
Liquid Love
and
her sister
Oatmeal Bliss.
Think liquid oatmeal cookies in a bowl
for breakfast.
Or a before bed snack.
Yum!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe God is trying to tell me something. I drink hot drinks maybe 1x/year. Today I am CRAVING hot chocolate...then your post! Until I can get to the store, I am on my way to the coffee shop! :)

Anonymous said...

Is the pudding INSTANT or COOK??

Rachel Coltharp said...

I use instant. In a pinch I have used the cook kind, but it does not work as well.

Samantha said...

What size pudding boxes do you use?

Samantha said...

Sounds awesome! What size pudding mixes do you use?

Stacy @ A Delightful Home said...

This post had me laughing out loud! I was expecting some heavy cream or something with your introduction. . . but wow! You were not kidding about no skimping with hot chocolate :) I bet this stuff tastes amazing.

I laughed even harder when I read that you make it with heavy cream for really skinny people!

Rachel Coltharp said...

Thank you girls for your kind words. I use the only size pudding box from Aldi. It is the same aprox as any you find at Walmart. But like I always say, "More is better" so go right ahead and use a family size box if you like.