Monday, August 1, 2011

Boutique Cake Domes

As previously mentioned, I suffer from HE.

 Heirloom Envy.

You know... 
the longing for old fashioned things
lovingly used and passed on.

***


I soothe my inner ache for handed downs 
both to use 
and to pass down 
to 
Baby Girl 
and 
my 3 
someday daughters.

***

Since there are going to be 
4 girls 
to pass on goodies to, 
I have AMPLE reason to 
make a lot of them!

Who will may love them too.

***

Here is the newest one in our collection.

One Goodwill Cake Dome with flat top
$1.99

Possible tops from the button collection,
cut from vintage clothing from Garage Sales.

The Winner


Several generous dollops of waterproof glue
(E-6000)




Wait 24 hours 
and 
TA-DAAA
instant heirloom


See my tutorial to make the cake stands here






5 comments:

kenna823 said...

May I tell you...you are wayyy creative...maybe a tad too creative! :) j/k. I think I have a teeny-tiny bit of envy going on here! I always considered myself to be creative, but I'm starting to think that I only possess a finger-tip worth of creativity compared to you. You better believe that as soon as I can, I'm making a cake plate!

Kendra

Rachel Coltharp said...

Sweet K,
They are great ways to display/sell your bake sale goodies also.

kenna823 said...

Ooooh...now I am really interested. :) Absolutely have to try it. Got any other great ideas? I believe I've read all your previous posts.

Kendra

A Chocolate Bouquet said...

How simple and BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing! Just came across your site, and will visit again! (Enjoyed your post on your other blog about your husband making you happy--very good thoughts-and some that I too wish I had learned early on. =))

Aimee @ Chickenville said...

I love this idea and I have the pefect plain cake dome (that I used last night for pecan pie). I am going to look for the perfect finding for it now. Great idea!!